The Old Farmer’s Almanac was right once again. This winter was the coldest and most brutal most of us will ever see in our lifetime, which is what makes today so fantastic. Today is officially the end of winter for the United States! On top of that, it’s International Day of Happiness, promoted by the U.N., which means you have even more reason to smile.
Besides welcoming warmer weather with open arms, we can gaze upon the lovely flowers and greener nature, taste springtime fruits and veggies, grill outside, lay out in the sun and Vit-D (make sure to wear sunscreen), and be happier from the beautiful surroundings.
The following includes a few things you can do on the first day of spring to make those around you have a brighter day:
1. Smile at each person with whom you make eye contact
2. Help someone in need
3. Convey appreciation for others
4. Call someone out of the blue just to say “I love you”
5. Complete acts of kindness, no matter how insignificant they may seem
6. Volunteer your time or donate money to a great cause
7. Answer the phone with a happy tone
8. Compliment as many people as possible
9. Allow someone in a rush to cut in front of you in traffic
10. Be kind all day long despite negativity that may come your way
Hopefully these few tips will brighten up your day and everyone around you, while enjoying the start of spring. Although most of us will be soaking in the warm temperatures, it also means that some are experiencing the aftermath of the chilliest winter including property damage. Please Call Paul if you have any property damage caused by fire, water, mold or wind. We’re here to help!
– From your friends at Paul Davis